Quality control is applicable to any kind of enterprise. In fact, it must be applied in every enterprise. – Kaoru Ishikawa
As home healthcare becomes more prevalent with our aging population, consumers pursuing home-based care arrangements for loved ones with home healthcare providers, will seek out strong home healthcare quality measurements. A quality measure is a metric that demonstrates how well a provider is delivering the care that consumers need. This type of metric is calculated by taking a snapshot of each visit and dividing it by the number of home health visits. It is a very useful tool for comparing different home health care providers, and how consumers will effectively value your HHA organization. There are a variety of quality measures available, and it is important to know which ones are relevant to your needs.
Today, we’ll take a look at 5 major HHA Quality Metrics.
Patient Safety Measures:
- % of patients needing emergent care for wound infections or deteriorating wound status.
- % of patients who require emergent care from a hospital, doctor, or outpatient department/clinic for any type of emergency.
- % of patients showing improvement in, for example,
- Management of oral medications.
- Status of surgical wounds.
- Urinary incontinence.
- % of patients reporting that home health providers treated them as gently as possible.
- % of patients reporting that home health providers talked with them about their medications and pain.
- % of patients admitted or readmitted to an acute care hospital
While not associated with any particular IOM domain, descriptive measures can convey the home health agency’s capacity for providing quality of care and service. Examples include:
- Medicare-covered services offered by the agency.
- The ownership of the home health agency.
- When the agency was originally certified by Medicare as a home health provider.
Although private payers may not seek to mirror Medicare home healthcare quality measures, these CMS guidelines can offer a good starting point for assessing quality in value-based home healthcare arrangements.
TSAT is here to help your HHA or Hospice agency!
At TSAT, we know that a great businesses need to operate at high levels of service, accuracy, reliability, and throughput. We also know that the only way to ensure these things are achieved is to develop a comprehensive set of accounting and finance policies and procedures and to regularly train all personnel involved in the management and control of the company’s software. Only by taking steps toward accounting, quality assurance, and finances can a small business accounting department expand its business and improve its profit margins. It takes a little work to make sure that every aspect of small business accounting is running at full capacity, and we are here to help!
Here at TSAT, we are not simply tax preparers. We work with you to provide a 360-degree strategic financial advice, including small business operations and investment guidance. We will help you stay ahead of the curve when it small business or personal investments!
If you are a gig worker or small business owner looking to grow your business, TSAT’s AMAZING team considers much more than just your taxes!
TSAT’s Services will let you focus on your business’s core competencies! Whether you have a small business or you need help personally, TSAT can give you HOPE! Call us today!
Phone: (417) 208-2858
- Website: TSAT Accounting Solutions
- Facebook: TSAT Facebook
- Calendly : Quickly schedule a 15 minute call!
- Alignable: Connect with Us on Alignable!
“We want to Amaze our Clients not just serve them”. – Tabitha Smith